I am the Sr. Vice President/Chief Nurse Executive for University Health System (UHS), an acute care public hospital with several community and specialty clinics. UHS serves as the teaching facility for the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and provides health care and Level 1 Trauma Care to the residents of Bexar County and South Texas.
University Health System achieved Magnet Designation February 2010.
New York University; New York, New York
Master of Arts – Nursing
Skidmore College; Saratoga Springs, New York
Bachelor of Science – Nursing
- The Bridge Program: Facilitating the Graduate Nurse’s Transition into the Profession (Nurse Leader, February 2005)
- Poster Presentation, Nursing Economic$, The Journal for Health Care Leaders, Title: A South Texas Partnership for Nursing Excellence: University Health System and UT Health Science Center, San Antonio, Author(s): Mickey L. Parsons, PhD, MHA, RN, Nancy Ray, MA, RN, Evelyn Swenson-Britt, MN, RN, Carol Reineck, PhD, RN, FAAN, NEA-BC, December 2008
- Poster Presentation, International Council of Nurses – Durban, Africa, Title: Developing Nurse Leaders’ Competence Through a Healthy Workplace Intervention, Author(s): Patricia Cornett, EdD, MS, RN, Mickey L. Parsons, PhD, MHA, RN, Nancy Ray, MA, RN, 2009
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
- American Organization of Nurse Executives – Member
- Greater San Antonio Healthcare Foundation Board Chairman